Monday, January 5, 2009

Boo

I made the decision that in order to be a good blogger you need to have some sort of handle on how to spell. I don't have any handle on my spelling so I couldn't write what I had originally proposed for this blog.

Now I have decided to talk about my poor grammar and bad spelling so that way I can easily let everyone know I was an English major. Yes, I did go to college and I in fact did graduate with a degree in the fine art of writing, yet I am still completely unsure of the difference between staring and starring. Which one means looking intently and which one means the leading role? Don't ask me cause without dictionary.com I wouldn't be able to tell you.

This just goes to show two facts. In college writing content is way more important than grammatical errors, and that you can spend your whole life around writing and books and still walk away not knowing some simple things.

So the moral of the story is, the next time you meet someone who has a degree in writing, don't expect them to know how to spell. Look for the people who have a degree in literature. They're the sticklers for all of that crap.

This blog was only supposed to say..."I had a staring contest with my cat and he won."

No comments:

Post a Comment